Vibration Weld Tooling
Advantages of Forward Technology Vibration Tooling:
- Over 95% of all tooling is designed and manufactured for your application by our in-house Tooling Design and Fabrication department in Cokato, MN.
- This in-house capability insures optimal quality and scheduling control as well as reducing time requirements in the event of product design changes.
- No charge/obligation complete application review and joint design assistance.
- Full prototyping capability.
- All tools are designed for ease of maintenance, adjustment, and maximum life.
- Tools provide support and location of joint area as well as accurate alignment throughout the welding process.
- Virtually every tool is thoroughly tested and debugged at our facility on equipment in our laboratory.
- Tools can be designed for use with Forward Technology or competitor's welders.
- Full start-up service/support at your facility is available.
Standard Vibration Tooling:
- Precision CNC cut holding fixtures supports joint area of each part half.
- Holding fixtures can be split if necessary to accommodate part-to-part variations or for welding warm/hot parts.
- Hardened steel knurled gripping sections.
- Steel, aluminum, titanium materials used for maximum rigidity.
- Lightweight aluminum backing plates
- Locator stop-posts to reduce tooling change-over time and prevent tooling crashes (in the event operator cycles without parts).
- Heavy-duty slides for support & part retention in areas where clearance is needed for loading & unloading on lower tooling.
- Custom slides for inspections & part detection.
Cast Urethane Vibration Tooling:
- The holding fixture foundation is a ¼” to 3/8” CNC cut aluminum translation of the actual part based on CAD data.
- A production quality part is then placed into the CNC machined aluminum holding fixture (spaced ¼ to 3/8” from the part).
- Urethane skin is poured to the contour of the part.
- Cast Urethane will protect and locate Class-A surfaces.
Vibration Tooling Options:
- Part Presence Sensors verify part presence/position prior to allowing machine to cycle.
- Part Eject eases removal of welded parts from tooling.
- Anti-Static Guns remove static buildup from parts.
- Vacuum Cleaning reduces amount of particulate around the welded parts.
- Quick Change System for customers using multiple tools in one machine.